View Profile BattyBowers

All 52 Art Reviews

15 w/ Responses

By far, one of Nitrome's coolest fan-art. This kicks ass!

In all seriousness though, there are a few ways you could improve this piece.

The texture you used for the tree would be fine if it was for the bark only, but you used it for the leaves also. I haven't used ArtRage so I don't know of the variety of other textures, but you could've used a different texture for the leaves.

The grass patches you have on the top part of the ground is a bit out of place, because it doesn't have any distance depth, so it looks like the patches are massive. You could imply distance by adding a lighter tint of green on the top part of the ground.

I can't tell if in the background you've added volcanoes or if they're mountains. If you went for the volcanoes you could've added depth if the craters had a darker tint of brown at the bottom and a lighter tint at the top. But it wouldn't matter if the background was insignificant and not the main focus of the piece.

I hope this helped somewhat, I'm actually trying to get better at drawing myself, I don't take any art classes, I mainly just practice different methods by myself, or watch the odd tutorial on youtube.

But anyway, this isn't me saying that I'm better than you, because I'm definitely not. This is just an undiscovered artist to another giving tips. Hell, if you like you can critique my stuff as well, so I can take a look at another person's point of view. There is not right or wrong answer, it's just your opinion.

Take care :)

Andrei-T-B responds:

Thank you for the tips.
In the backround there are mountains.
I will check out your art too ;)

I actually really like this piece, love the water paint and the overall simplicity to it.

I'm not seeing any taps, the man needs his grubby taps!

Dayum boi she THICC!

Bloody hate pelliper and wingul, love this piece though, very funny and cute! And I've been playing alot of alpha sapphire recently so I was surprised to see you post this XD

Butzbo responds:

Thanks Batty!
Yeah from what I remember the Wingull family appears maybe tooo much in the game, but I like their unique designs.

Awww yeee, my boi is back! Cool new avatar :)

MegaCQC responds:

Thank you :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))][[d]f[w]few}}}}}))))))))

Liking the style and colours for this one, nice ;)

Teaser for Stuart Little 4 looks great!

I'd give this lil creature a hugging tutorial, any day of the week :3

Welcome to my profile! I like to draw on ms paint sometimes.

n/a, Male